Today, I have some fantastic beauty insights to share, which is the secret the cosmetic industry doesn’t want you to know.
There is so much to say about algae’s internal benefits – now it’s time to focus on its amazing external beneficial effects, plus some insights into what is going on in the beauty industry.
We all know how bad processed foods are for us, but what about processed beauty care products? We clearly understand the damage that is done to food substances in the processing centers, but have you ever thought about what happens to the many delicate nutraceuticals used in high-end beauty creams, lotions, potions, oils, etc., which are subjected to the same processing and more?
For a product to have “shelf death,” it must be enzymatically inactive. This means that the natural “active ingredients” you had hoped to be in your product you were so excited to benefit from, with that pretty organic label and fancy marketing terms, must not have any bioactivity.
Before these “magical” beauty products are packaged into those pretty containers, they must be processed into stable solutions for the long journey from the factory to face. For this to be possible, these ingredients are mixed into a concoction of dangerous chemical preservatives such as:
- Propylene and butylene glycols (also humectants)
- Disodium and tetrasodium EDTA
- Diazolidinyl and imidazolyl urea
- Parabens (Methylparaben, polyparaben, butylparaben, etc.)
- Ascorbyl Palmitate
- Benzoic acid
- Benzyl alcohol,
To name a few.
Most conventional beauty products have enough preservatives, a.k.a parabens, to ensure they will remain on a shelf for 30 months.
PERCEPTION VS REALITY
Your perception of what beauty potion is is so far from reality that it’s scary. Companies can’t sell massive amounts of products on store shelves unless they are made with inexpensive bulk ingredients and can hold up to time. It’s quantity over quality.
You’ve probably not realized that many of the most expensive skincare beauty products today contain algae as the main active ingredient. And I bet you have never thought of directly applying raw, unprocessed algae to your body. But natural algae maybe your skin’s new best friend. Many studies have shown that algae are a miracle substance for our skin with a wide range of abilities, from fighting wrinkles to eliminating and preventing skin cancer; it is a kind of unsung hero of the beauty world. However, to get the full effect of nature, we must use it in its raw, living, unprocessed form.
Algae extracts have been used in skincare for thousands of years. Algae contain a powerhouse of nutrients and minerals that help draw toxins from the skin via antioxidants and peptides. Algae conditions, hydrates, softens, and detoxifies the skin, replenishing essential vitamins and minerals.
But, buyer beware: Tons of products on the market list algae as an ingredient, but there’s a difference between a smidgen of the dead stuff and the whole raw living experience.
The extraordinary properties of algae evolved from their many and varied living conditions, which translated into phenomenal benefits for the skin. Like land-based superfoods, blue-green and red algae are vibrant in color and contain antioxidant pigments that naturally protect the skin. These compounds boost the skin’s defenses against a variety of environmental stressors. Besides acting as antioxidant powerhouses, algae also contain high concentrations of nutrients and amino acids.
The intense dose of nutrition and protein building blocks replenish the skin and deliver superior hydrating benefits, along with minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants to increase firmness and provide long-lasting hydration.
Algae make the skin smoother, plumper, and more youthful-looking; it rejuvenates the appearance of skin and smooths away wrinkles, diminishes puffiness, and provides deep hydration, revealing a more radiant, youthful-looking complexion with fewer fine lines and wrinkles. Plus, new studies show positive results using Algae to destroy skin cancer cells.
- Algae contain around 104 trace elements and minerals. It replenishes lost nutrients in the body, helping to re-balance the body with a very similar identity to human plasma
- It contains large quantities of magnesium, calcium, and iron, all of which offer powerful anti-free radicals that have lovely oxygenating powers
- A natural anti-inflammatory, helping to keep sensitive skin at bay
- Rich in iodine, which stimulates hair growth, hair loss can be to do with your body being low in iodine
- A natural humectant that will keep your skin visibly hydrated
- Regulate moisture balance in the different layers of the epidermis (our outer layer of skin)
- Restores elasticity and firmness and boosts our cellular renewal
- Works as a natural humectant, providing a reserve of water in the tissues, locking moisture in the upper layers of the skin, keeping it supple and hydrated
Raw Living Algae delivers the skin with minerals and trace elements, essential nutrients that help our skin maintain and reinforce its natural functions.
KEY BEAUTY MINERALS
Magnesium: Relaxes the body, soothes, calms, and de-sensitizes the skin.
Potassium: Purifying, potassium helps to push fluids and toxins out of the skin cells.
Sodium is very hydrating, drawing moisture into the cells and keeping skin soft and supple.
Calcium: This mineral, found in Algae, helps to promote collagen and elastin production.
Iodine: Detoxifies and increases the body’s metabolism and stimulates cellular renewal.
Bromide: Relaxes and soothes the tissues of the skin.
With all these skin-loving benefits, it is no wonder that Algae is a popular ingredient in many of our skincare applications.
Raw Living Spirulina’s potent properties are why this “superfood of the water” is transforming skincare.
Things you will need:
EBSEM Turkish Bath Hamam Hammam Spa Exfoliator Peeling Glove Kese Mitt Exfoliating Gloves for face, body, arms, legs, feet (Grade 5 for your heel & feet (Very thick texture)
- Scrub skin (dry) on the area where you want to apply the mask. Gently on the face area. Rinse with warm water.
- Apply a thin, light layer of Castor Oil massage into the skin
- Apply Raw Living Spirulina liberally to the skin to cover it all in green. Allow drying for at least 30 minutes (longer is better)
- Rinse with cool water
- Melt a piece of the cacao butter and have it warm and ready to apply to the skin immediately after rinsing. Massage into the skin and leave on as long as you wish.