Today I have some amazing beauty insights to share, which in actual fact, is the secret the cosmetic industry doesn’t want you to know.
There is so much to say about algae’s internal benefits – now it’s time to focus on its amazing external beneficial effects plus some insights into what is really going on in the beauty industry.
We all are aware of how bad processed foods are for us but what about processed beauty care products? We clearly understand the damage that is done to food substances in the processing centers, but have you ever thought about what happens to the many delicate nutraceuticals used in high-end beauty creams, lotions, potions, oils, etc. which are subjected to the same processing and more?
In order for a product to have “shelf death,” it must be enzymatically inactive. This means that the natural “active ingredients” you had hoped to be in your product you were so excited to benefit from, with that pretty organic label and fancy marketing terms must not have any bioactivity.
Before these “magical” beauty products are packaged into those pretty containers they must be processed into solutions that are stable for the long journey from the factory to face. In order for this to be possible, these ingredients are mixed into a concoction of dangerous chemical preservatives such as:
- Propylene and butylene glycols (also humectants)
- Disodium and tetrasodium EDTA
- Diazolidinyl and imidazolydyl urea
- Parabens (Methylparaben, polyparaben, butylparaben, etc.)
- Ascorbyl palmitate
- Benzoic acid
- Benzyl alcohol,
Just to name a few.
Most conventional beauty products have enough preservatives, a.k.a parabens, in them to ensure they will remain stable on a shelf for 30 months.
PERCEPTION VS REALITY
Your perception of what you think that beauty potion is is so far from reality, it’s scary. Companies can’t sell massive amounts of products sitting on store shelves unless they are made with inexpensive bulk ingredients and are able to hold up to time. It’s quantity over quality.
You’ve probably not realized that many of the most expensive skincare beauty products available today contain algae as the main active ingredient. And I bet you have never thought of applying raw unprocessed algae directly to your body. But, raw algae may actually be your skin’s new best friend. Many studies have shown that algae are a miracle substance for our skin with a wide range of abilities from fighting wrinkles to eliminating and preventing skin cancer, it a kind of unsung hero of the beauty world. However, in order to get the full effect of nature, we must use it in her raw living unprocessed form.
Algae extracts have been used in skincare for thousands of years. Algae contain a powerhouse of nutrients, minerals that help draw toxins from the skin via antioxidants and peptides. Algae conditions, hydrates, softens, and detoxifies the skin, replenishing essential vitamins and minerals.
But, buyer beware Tons of products on the market list algae as an ingredient, but there’s a difference between a smidgen of the dead stuff and the full raw living experience.
The extraordinary properties of algae evolved from their many and varied living conditions which translated into phenomenal benefits for the skin. Like land-based superfoods, blue-green and red algae are vibrant in color and contain antioxidant pigments that naturally protect the skin. These compounds boost the skin’s defenses against a variety of environmental stressors. Besides acting as antioxidant powerhouses, algae also contain high concentrations of nutrients and amino acids.
The intense dose of nutrition and protein building blocks replenish the skin and deliver superior hydrating benefits, along with minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants to increase the firmness and provide long-lasting hydration.
Algae make the skin smoother, plumper, and more youthful-looking, It rejuvenates the appearance of skin and smooths away wrinkles, diminishes puffiness, and provides deep hydration revealing a more radiant, youthful-looking complexion with the look of fewer fine lines and wrinkles. Plus new study’s are showing positive results using Algae to destroy skin cancer cells.
- Algae contain around 104 trace elements and minerals, it replenishes lost nutrients in the body, helping to re-balance the body with a very similar identity to human plasma
- Contains large quantities of magnesium, calcium, and iron, all of which offer powerful anti-free radicals, that have wonderful oxygenating powers
- A natural anti-inflammatory, helping to keep sensitive skin at bay
- Rich in iodine, which stimulates hair growth, in fact, hair loss can be to do with your body being low in iodine
- A natural humectant that will keep your skin visibly hydrated
- Regulate moisture balance in the different layers of the epidermis (our outer layer of skin)
- Restores elasticity and firmness and boost our cellular renewal
- Works as a natural humectant providing a reserve of water in the tissues, locking water in the upper layers of the skin, keeping it supple and hydrated
Raw Living Algae provides the skin with minerals and trace elements, essential nutrients that help our skin maintain and reinforce its natural functions.
KEY BEAUTY MINERALS
Magnesium: Relaxes the body, soothes, calms, and de-sensitizes the skin.
Potassium: Purifying, potassium helps to push fluids and toxins out of the skin cells.
Sodium: It is very hydrating, drawing moisture into the cells, keeping skin soft and supple.
Calcium: This mineral found in Algae, helps to promote collagen and elastin production.
Iodine: Detoxifies and increases the body’s metabolism and stimulates cellular renewal.
Bromide: Relaxes and soothes the tissues of the skin.
With all these skin-loving benefits, it is no wonder, that Algae is a popular ingredient in many of our skincare applications.
The powerful properties of Raw Living Spirulina are the reasons why this “superfood of the water,” is transforming skincare.
Things you will need:
- Scrub skin (dry) on the area where you want to apply the mask. Gently on the face area. Rinse with warm water
- Apply a thin light layer of Castor Oil, massage into skin
- Apply Raw Living Spirulina liberally to the skin so that all is covered in green. Allow drying for at least 30 minutes (longer is better)
- Rinse with cool water
- Melt a piece of the cacao butter and have warm and ready to apply to skin immediately after rinsing. Massage into skin and leave on as long as you wish.